The Site Structural Engineer responsibilities include Managing the Projects, executing the job duties of site installation with help of his team. He plans and administrates the work of installation personnel under him and works in a broad range of commercial enterprises
Main Activities, Responsibilities and Duties
- Site Engineer responsibilities and job roles include Managing the Sites, administrating the installation staff of the company and ensuring the proper initiations of all the equipment and machineries of the same and that of the clients. He must be conversant regarding the Tolerances requirements, structural calculations and other technical parameters required due course of time and after training.
- Coordinate with Clients to ensure the mob dates, timeframes, installation schedules etc.
- Conduct site inspections to ensure that all structural elements are being built according to the design plans and specifications.
- Review and approve structural design drawings and calculations.
- Coordinate with the project team to ensure that all structural work is being completed on schedule and within budget.
- Monitor construction progress and provide regular updates to the Service and project manager.
- Work closely with architects, contractors, and other engineers to resolve any structural issues that may arise.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation, including progress reports, change orders, and construction schedules.
- Organizing materials and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
- Preparing cost estimates and ensuring appropriate materials and tools are available.
- Providing technical advice and suggestions for improvement on projects.
- Authorizing technical drawings and engineering plans.
- Create structural models by using computer-aided design software.
- Choose appropriate materials based on structural specifications.
- Drawing up work schedules and communicating any adjustments to crew members and clients.
- Gathering data, compiling reports, and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
- Delegating tasks and scheduling meetings and training sessions where required.
- Tracking of work progress for all the running projects and report to SMs and PMs.
- Completing quality assurance and providing feedback to the team.
- Conduct quality control inspections to ensure that all work meets the required standards.
- Identify and address any potential safety hazards on the construction site and ensure all the HSE requirements are followed and manitained at site.
- Providing pre-start briefing and toolbox talks to the site employees
- Making recommendations on Cost-effective and sustainable material use.
- Monitor and record the extra works and inform the Service and Project Manager on timely basis for Claiming variation Orders.
All other responsibilities not explicitly mentioned above but are a part of the project responsibility to ensure smooth operations.
Depending on the company’s priorities, the job holder may be assigned other tasks within his skills and competences and for which he will be trained by a third party if needed. Contacts
Proven track experience in Mechanical structures and construction such as Overhead crane structures, Port crane structures, etc.
Excellent knowledge in construction methods, codes, and regulations.
Good knowledge of steel-related construction market, technical aspects of steel industry, and especially of crane track industry being an asset.
Fluent in English; Any other language being an asset preferably Arabic
Good knowledge of the Office Package, including but not limited to Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, etc.
Good knowledge of AutoCAD 2D/3D/solid works/STAAD/REVIT or equivalent structural design software.
Any other technical or management software being an asset.
Correct, trustful, proactive, team-work oriented, able to respect deadlines
Expect frequent travelling
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/Structural or equivalent.
Any other educational proved experience being an asset.
At least 3-5 years on management of projects related to Mechanical Structural construction/