Job Description & Function
The ideal candidate will perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. Candidates must posses a commercial construction background. Candidate will operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. Duties include surveying, cleaning and preparing worksites, digging trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials. Candidates will assist other team members and work in collaboration with the project manager and superintendents. . Position includes fabricating and repairing material by using the appropriate welding processes and techniques in the horizontal and overhead positions.
- Work from blueprints, sketches, diagrams and charts.
- Understands construction job sites and equipment terminology
- Determine required working procedure to accomplish rail installation, or repair with minimum interruption.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with customers, vendors, and management.
- Contributes to the positive company culture.
- Familiar with the installation of crane rail systems
- Team player willing and able to work side by side with coworkers to complete a top-quality product on time
- Having the ability to perform stick welding will be helpful
- Handling and moving objects
- Performing general physical activities
- Inspecting equipment, structures or material
- Communicating with Supervisors, peers, or subordinates
- Processing Information
- Operating vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment
- Evaluation information to determine compliance with standards
- Identifying objects, actions and events
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- lift seventy-five pounds
- work from heights either from a ladder, man-lift and/or platform or beam
- work in extreme temperatures indoor/outdoor depending on job site
- work in high noise area
- work in a dusty area
- work in steel mills, warehouses, seaports and other various settings
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Gantrex follows a COVID Mitigation Plan
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (required)
Work Location: On the road