Design and development of crane parts, such as mechanisms and structural components for the different cranes industries.
Worldwide communication with different internal and external entities during the execution of our projects.
Project engineering and internal documents generation.
- Collaborate with the customer and/or different group entities to understand project requirements and design objectives for crane components and mechanisms.
- Use CREO software to create 3D models and detailed drawings of mechanical parts, ensuring precision and adherence to industry standards.
- Define the technical requirements for the different crane parts, such as: materials, dimensional and geometrical tolerances, and heat treatments.
- Ensure that designs are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Research and development of new materials and technologies applicable to the crane industry.
- If required, perform mechanical calculations such as stress analysis, force distribution, and material selection to ensure safe and effective designs.
- Provide technical support to commercial department by evaluating the feasibility of the new inquiries, and by estimating the development effort.
- Provide support to manufacturing teams during the production of designed components.
- Create and maintain comprehensive internal documentation.
- Occasionally, participate in projects as project engineer with technical skills and give advice internally and externally concerning cranes.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
Profile with 1-4 years’ experience in mechanical engineering/design.
- Experience within the crane or heavy machinery industry, would be a strong advantage but not mandatory.
- Mechanical design or engineering background. Ability to interpret and produce technical drawings (2D & 3D).
- Fluent in English (part of the interview process will be in English). Any other language being an asset.
- Experience with CAD software is a must. Experience with CREO is a plus. Familiar with all packages of MS Office.
- Team, open & supportive minded. Excellent problem-solving abilities and a keen eye for detail. Open and clear communication skills. Self-driven (pro-active).
- Liable to travel, max once a month.
What we offer:
- Possibility of professional growth in an expanding company.
- Up to two days per week of homeworking