We are looking for an Assistant Production Manager. Gantrex is the global market leader for the production, distribution, installation, and maintenance of quality track solutions. Gantrex products are used for a variety of applications and markets, including ports, shipyards, steel mills, aluminum smelters, railway depots and heavy industry. The Assistant Production Manager will play a direct role in the success of Gantrex.
The Assistant Production Manager will oversee front-line employees to ensure efficiency and quality in production areas. This position requires exceptional communication and interpersonal skills towards managing employee relations and liaising with other departments.
- Assists the Production and Warehouse Manager with hiring and training front-line employees.
- Organizes, directs, and oversees the schedules and work of front-line employees.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Assists with discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Reporting to the Production and Warehouse Manager.
- Coordinating and reporting day-to-day activities with the Production Manager
- General assistance with post-production administration such as logging in ERP system and filing.
- Assist Production Manager in planning, managing, and executing production operations.
- Ensuring that production is completed before deadlines.
- Updating the Production Manager on the status of projects.
- Liaising and coordinating production with other departments.
- Competence with computer-based administration, record-keeping, and procurement systems.
- Ensuring that the quality and company standards are met
- Creating and maintaining a report of the production status Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with other managers and supervisors to coordinate activities in and among departments.
- Collects, evaluates, analyzes, and assesses production data.
- Regularly inspects and evaluates products for quality and defects.
- Identifies and corrects problems and inefficiencies in process, materials, equipment, or skills.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices including those related to safety and health.
- Develops and implements procedures and strategies to ensure a safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Proven experience of at least three years of supervisory experience highly preferred. Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
An analytical mind with strong math skills
Excellent organizational and planning skills
Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
Reliable and trustworthy
Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Availability to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary
Self-Directed: Ability to work independently under the Production and Warehouse Manager, as a part of a production team.
Prolonged periods of standing and walking through the factory.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on computers.
Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
Visual acuity to inspect products and machinery